Intensives - more than 1 day
Intensives - more than 1 day
02 Jan 2019
05 Jan 2019
8am - 5pm
$1250 early bird, $1499 Full
Offered February through November to current students, teachers, practitioners and the larger community and designed to enhance learning and continued professional development. Throughout the year the BioMedical Institute of Yoga and Meditation offers a variety of 110-hour Professional Development Courses in Meditation. These courses entail 33 hours face-to-face contact as well as 77 hours enhanced online learning and can be utilised as part of the current BIYOME course, or to develop and enrich current qualifications.
Upon completion of each individual course, not only will you be able to attain membership with the Meditation Association of Australia, your teaching skills will be second to none. You will gain the skills to connect compassionately and to listen deeply to an individual. Attaining adept knowledge within a biomedical framework of meditation you will be able to provide clients with skills of resilience, and positive, lasting change.
This intensive has been specifically designed to give you an opportunity to begin your journey in teaching meditation. Similar to our Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine course, this pathway in study will open avenues into the world of lifestyle medicine.
People who suffer with stress or anxiety, chronic pain, depression and ill health often find powerful relief through meditation. There is a multiplicity of benefits in learning the biopsychosocial effects of stress and the accompanying positive contributions that meditation has on holistic wellbeing.
Whether you do this course for yourself or to teach others, it is a highly valuable practice to live by and share with others. Meditation is an innovative lifestyle medicine of the 21st century.
· Understanding the philosophy behind practice including the history and roots of Meditation from a Buddhist & Yogic perspective.
· Understanding the physiology behind practice including the neurobiology of mindfulness and compassion as it relates to the evolution of change, brain plasticity, and the gut-brain axis
· Understanding the psychology behind practice including the spiritual and transcendental roots of intuition, intention, resolutions, resilience, human potential, and positive psychology.
· Understanding from a complete immersive experience the foundations, applications, and teaching methodologies of Mediation as Lifestyle Medicine.
Swāmi Muktibodhānanda (Satyananda yoga)
Celia Roberts (Head Senior Teacher, BSc)
Dr. Sue Jackson (Flow & iRest Specialist)
1. Siegel, D. J. (2010). The mindful therapist: A clinician's guide to mindsight and neural integration. New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Co.
1. Seligman, M. E. (2018). The hope circuit: A psychologist's journey from helplessness to optimism. New York, NY: Hachette Book Group.
2. Hanson, R., & Hanson, F. (2018). Resilient: How to grow an unshakable core of calm, strength, and happiness. New York, NY: Harmony Books.
3. Hanson, R. (2013). Hardwiring Happiness: How to reshape your brain and your life. New York, NY: Harmony Books.
1 yoga mat
zafu (meditation cushion)
zabuton (meditation cushion base)
Investment for Specialty Intensive Training from $1,499 (early bird rates offered)