- History of yoga
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Yogic philosophy
- Anatomy & physiology for yoga
- Energetic anatomy & metaphysics of yoga: chakras, nadis, kundalini
- Asana, bandhas & mudras
- Teaching techniques, sequencing, alignment & adjustment
- Pranayama, mindfulness, meditation, mantra
- How to teach group classes, adjust for injuries, pregnancy and common conditions
- Learn to teach hatha, yin, kundalini, restorative and vinyasa styles as well as meditation and pranayama techniques
- Gain teaching experience as part of the course
The Zama Institute approach to yoga teacher training is holistic and remains true to the essence of yoga, with a strong focus mindfulness, raising consciousness and developing spirituality.
This course is designed to prepare you for work as a Yoga Teacher in yoga studios, gyms, fitness centres, spas, retreat centres and one on one sessions with clients.
You will be confident to teach a range of styles of yoga classes, tailored to different needs, including children, pregnant woman and the elderly. Not only will you be confident in teaching asana, you will be well-equipped to teach meditation and pranayama.
- 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Course Manual (249 pages)
- Asana Manual (235 pages)
- Yoga Philosophy Manual (113 pages)
- 27 Video Demonstrations
- 11 Audio Recorded Sequences
- 5 Written Sequences
- 10 FREE classes to use at either our Toowoomba or Brisbane studios
how long does the course take & when can I start teaching
The course is designed as a 12 month program and you will gain experience teaching along the way. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be a certified yoga teacher and able to obtain insurance to teach yoga. If you are confident in your practice and feel ready to start teaching, you may be able to obtain insurance to teach while you are studying. Contact us to discuss.